Danielle Alvarado is well versed in disability law and available services.
Her 25+ years of advocacy experience means that her
guidance and perspective
will help you know your child's needs are being met.
Parent Mentor Services (available across the U.S.):
• Unlimited telephone & email communication with Danielle as your personal parent mentor
• Direct consulting with parent in a personal approach, customized to each parent's concerns/questions
•Explanations of the evaluation and assessment process involved in obtaining services
•Clarification of rules, policies and parents’ rights
•Assistance in building working relationships that are positive and effective between school and community personnel
• Reassurance that you are doing all you can to facilitate your child’s success
•A listening ear to encourage your significant role in your child’s life
• A sounding board when you receive conflicting information or are confused as to what decisions are best for your child
Danielle's guidance will ensure you can be at ease as the IEP, BIP or other accommodations are implemented and your child is progressing; her wisdom will direct you clearly when you need to wordsmith requests or confront school personnel.
• Attendance at IEP's and informal meetings
• All necessary correspondence, including but not limited to, direct communication with district & school staff via telephone, email and letter
• Referrals for home and community resources
• Observations (up to 3) in classroom, other school space or home
• Assurance that school and district personnel follow through on the best accommodations for your child
•Support, direction, encouragement and comfort for your entire family
•Guidance in working together with the school, district and community to secure the best possible education and supports for a cohesive, beneficial framework for your child
•Updates and input on State and Federal legislation
Danielle makes sure that kids receive the
services they need to benefit from the educational setting.
Possible services may include OT, instructional aide, adapted homework, speech
therapy, tutoring, physical therapy, pull out programs, social skills classes,
behavior specialists, counseling, etc. Not all services apply to each child.
•Danielle is not a licensed, practicing attorney, although she is well versed in the regulations of various school districts, State and Federal laws.
•She supports and defends families involved in obtaining special education and appropriate accommodations for their child(ren).
•Additional services may be available upon request. Each service contract reflects the unique needs of each family.
What parents say:
"You spoke strongly when I couldn't; you gave mental clarity when I was sleep deprived; you protected my kiddo'a emotional well being (and mine) as we've journeyed together these two years." -- Wendy
"Your physical presence then ongoing guidance helped me gear up to advocate for my child without excessive stress or enormous financial burden. You helped me know how to make the law serve my child -- which is what it's there for! You are all about helping kids & preserving families!" – Sue
“My life has been made so much easier, having a disabled loved one since knowing
You!” – Shawn
DANIELLE also works to seek all resources In the community:
There are many parent success stories on Danielle’s website:
Contact information for Danielle
Telephone # 562-805-7820
Success stories 1
Success stories 2